Wednesday 3 June 2009

New to all this

So this is just a test really.  Historically I have been a bit dubious about the idea of blogs as I thought they were for people who thought everyone was interested in everything they have to say.  I have now been reliably informed that this is not the case and they are more like an online journal that people can access if they want.  I am quite a fan of journalling and find it useful to distil my sometimes jumbled thoughts into something that makes a little more sense.

I have joined the Common Purpose programme at a point when I wanted to explore what leadership looks like for me.  I have something of a vision and have a fantastic opportunity to take it forward in my organisation.  I am finding however that taking the bull by the horns and triumphantly saying "I am going to lead this" is proving more of a challenge than I thought.  I have loads of ideas and lots of encouragement but it's just making stuff happen that is difficult.  This is especially true when there are only limited parameters.

For me, I find that is usually me that is my biggest barrier to success and I am guessing I am probably not alone in this.

Through this programme I want to work out how I can unblock myself and really lead a change process in my organisation that unleashes individual potential across the teams I support.  More on this later...


No comments:

Post a Comment